Spectroscopy in Astronomy
One of the ways that modern telescopes observe the sky is by using spectroscopy to measure the brightness of an object in separate colors or wavelengths. Spectra of objects can reveal chemical composition, temperature and density. Spectral observations can also learn about the material between us and distant objects.
- Use your mouse or touch screen to pan around the Sky
- Hold control to rotate the Sky
- Move the slider to see frequencies
- Use full screen for the best viewing experience
- Imagery Detail and Credit