WWT Beta 5.1. Preview Features Include
- Sandbox mode: Bring in your own data from the microscopic to the scale of the universe, as we did with MIT EyeWire at TED
- 3d Cities : Explore the same 3d Cites featured in Bing Maps Preview
- Improvements to key-frame animation in timeline slides
- On Screen controls are now “Auto pilot” like for cinematic real-time driving with a mouse
- Support for foot pedal controls for thinks like all-stop and zooming
- Support for 3d printing any feature of terrestrial planet or moon using STL file export
- Oculus Improvements
- Volumetric Milky Way : See the milky way like never before with real-time volumetric rendering
- Planet by planet orbit visibility: Turn on and off orbits on a planet-by-planet basis.
- Visibility by grouping for asteroids
- Improved OBJ support
- Galactic Mode: The sky mode now allows your to align to galactic coordinates for navigation.
- LCAPI updates
- Fixed Bugs
WWT 5.1 Beta System Requirements
To run this software, you need the following on your computer:
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 (older versions of Windows are not supported)
- Discrete graphics card with 512 MB VRAM, DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 compatibility, high-end GTX 480 class or better, and 1 GB VRAM recommended
- WorldWide Telescope 5.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
Do not attempt to install WWT 5.1 Beta on Windows XP. It does not run and can potentially prevent the legacy version from running.