The WorldWide Telescope enables remarkable customization to developers through Tools and Interfaces. Developer tools enables the customization of data for both the WorldWide Telescope Windows Client and Web Control.
WWT SDK —
A comprehensive Software Development Kit (SDK) is available to enable applications to be written to transmit data to be rendered in WorldWide Telescope.
WWT SDK Fact Sheet (PDF)
You can also check out the Data Blog for tricks and tips on using the SDK and how to build communities.
To ask technical questions or to give us feedback on the SDK you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
Web Control Reference
WorldWide Telescope Web Control API allows you to integrate WWT into any web data portal, or build mashups to display your own interface and WorldWide Telescope.
View the Web Control Script Reference documentation.
Layer Control API
The Layer Control API (LCAPI) enables efficient data transfer and visualization in WorldWide Telescope. The LCAPI supports:
- Adding custom data to the Layer Manager of WorldWide Telescope.
- Connecting your database and application specific processing with WorldWide Telescopes Visualization.
- Remotely controlling WWT from other applications.
Explore Layer Control API documentation (includes sample code).
Tile Pipeline Tools
Tile Pipeline Tools allow:
- Reproject image data into tile pyramids suitable for visualization in WorldWide Telescope.
- Turn global or local xyz data into image tile pyramids.
- Process Digital Elevation Models (DEM) into WWT compatible DEM tile pyramids.
- Share the tile pyramids with your colleagues.
- Create your own community containing tours, data and links that your colleagues can easily access.
- Access the original ADK tools, i.e. the Sphere Toaster and the Study Chopper.
Further Reading and Reference documentation